Friday, April 11, 2008

Our Trip To Trier





As part of a newcomers group through the base, we took a train down to the city of Trier, Germany's oldest city. I'll only post a few pics but you can click on the link on the right side of the page to take you to our Picasa albums and look at ALL the pics I took in the April album. Kristian absolutely loved riding the train and he got to go up to the front with our tour guide, Easter. I think he had a crush on her and she even taught him some German! This city is only 30 minutes from us and is rich with history. It used to be ruled by the Romans and their are Roman ruins still standing. The sculptures in the cathedral were unlike anything I've ever seen. Here is a link for info on Trier: www.sacred-destinations.com/germany/trier.htm I hope you enjoy all the pictures!

0 comments: